Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday Night Football - NY Jets (6-7) at Tennessee (4-9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football - NY Jets (6-7) at Tennessee (4-9)

Herbert's pick is up.....see post# 5!!!
    current line,
    NY Jets - PK
    Ten - PK
    O/U 41

It's hard for me to like the Titans in this game, even on a teaser. They have lost 3 in a row and 5 of the last 6 games. 3 of their 4 wins have been by 3, 3 and 1 pt which makes a 7 pt teaser with the Jets +7 look really good. Plus, the Jets actually have something to play for as there is still an outside chance that they can grab the last AFC wild card spot. A win would put them at 7-7, tied with Pittsburgh and a game behind Cincy in the race for the #6 seed. Indianapolis, at 9-5, appears to have the upper hand for the 1st wild card, however, if the Jets win out and Indy loses their last 2 games the Jets own the tie-breaker due to a Week 6 win over the Colts.
    The Jets have won 3 of their last 4 games and this is a team they can beat. 5 of their 6 wins have come against teams with losing records and 5 of their 7 losses have been against teams that will be in the playoffs with another, Pittsburgh, a possibility to make the play-offs. Plus, the Jets have the much better defense at #8 overall vs Tennessee at #28 overall.
    It's hard to count on the Jets to score lots of pts but Ten has given up 23 or more in 11 of 13 games and only Oakland and Buffalo have given up more total pts in the entire NFL, and Tennessee has actually averaged nearly 21 ppg, although 3 particular games skew that upwards a bit. I'm tempted to go UN 48 though and may go both ways on the total because I think there's a decent chance it will fall somewhere between 34 and 48, but I do like the Jets +7 and possibly even at a PK. We'll see what Herbert has to say as I am waiting on his pick as we speak.
    More later and feel free to comment.
    Last edited by dragon1952; 12-17-2012, 07:08 PM.

What does the Bird say?

Comment

He is being stubborn tonite. Maybe it's a no pick :^ / We could be on our own.

Comment

He is not pushing or chasing. I respect that. Maybe its an over/under pick.
        Good Luck either way.

Comment

We've got a pick!!!
          Herbert finally decided and he picks.........

NYJ -1

I had to change the lines as it changed from PK to -1 about 45 min ago but he hadn't picked yet anyway.
          I'm glad that was his pick because it was the way I was leaning anyway. If I hadn't waited for his pick
          though I could have got them +7 so now I'll have to settle for +6. The total has come down to 40.5 and
          I think I'll go OV 33.5 on my teaser. If it goes back up to 41 I'll go both ways.

Good luck!!!

Comment

I'll also go NYJ -1 for 1 unit. Gotta stick with the hot hand.

Comment

I'm a believer!

Comment

7-3 HT.....my jets/ov teezer not looking so good but I have already cashed on longest TD OV 40.5yds & lookin good on OV 4 sacks....not touching 2H as this is a pretty sick game with two hideous teams.

Comment

well.....that's 3 1/2 hrs of my life I won't get back.....last two jet drives ryan shoulda let tebow run things and hope for divine intervention, dirty sanchez is the worst.

Comment

Yeah Sanchez just about single-handedly lost that one. Unbelievably pathetic performance on national TV in a must win situation. Say good-bye to that $8.5 million you were set to make next year. What's sad is nearly all his f'ups were on 1st down. It's not like it was do or die.

Comment

That was really ugly.

Brady and Sanchez both make $11.75 million this year.

Comment

Jets are a mess. Bad coaching, bad players, bad management. They are in their own little world of being a competitive team. Sanchez should be 3rd string, Tebow should be out of the NFL. I am glad I am not a jets fan and I did not bet them last night! I just cannot believe their fans are not just nuts! Probably why the Fireman Bob? quit!

Comment

I think sanchez is guaranteed 8.25m in 2013. btw, told you I could snap herbert's streak like a dried twig by telling the world I was on board. I have taken down some of the greatest streaks in sports history.

Comment

Stupid bird!

Comment

Working...
                            X