Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides' NFL Picks Week 20

YTD 96-78-5 (55.2%)
    0-2 last week on that teaser. Jets did me in. Pats fell flat.

7 Point Teaser (again!)
    Packers +3.5 and Steelers +3.5.
    I'm flipping the point spread around with this teaser.
    2 units.

And one unit each on:
    Packers -3 (buying the hook)
    Steelers -3 (buying the hook.

Gotta give the edge to Rodgers over Cutler and Big Ben over Sanchez.

Packers were all over Cutler in that last game. Cutler was back-peddling and running for his life every time he dropped back to pass. More of the same today. Bears are the luckiest team to get to this Final Four.

But Rodgers is capable of having a flat game in the cold like he did in Week 17 even at GB. Bears D will keep it close for awhile, but Cutler will make a fatal mistake or two. Packers 20-10.

Jets will play conservative and try to let their Defense win it. See if they can get Big Ben to do something stupid, like Pitt's first half against Baltimore. Pitt is capable of playing stupid. Big Ben can get careless. But if Pitt plays it smart, their D will just about shutout Sanchez and Big Ben will scramble more than Peyton and Brady were capable of and he'll find one of his 3 or 4 good receivers open for a key TD or big gain. Steelers 20-10.

You probably are dead on with the Pack, because my superbowl pick was the Bears. Good luck!!! Do you still like the under in the Jets game? I love the way the Jet corners are playing, so I believe that they can limit the big play threat by Big Ben. The steelers defense looked awesome to me last week also. May not do it, but I can see it going under...

Comment

I still think too much weight is placed on that week 17 game. The bears play that game should not be taken at face value. #2 locked and they played to keep their starters fresh with a bye week already set. There was no hurry up no urgency no 'heart'. Such different circumstances the bears now have something to loose.

I do like your teasers though and would play those.

If the steelers get ahead on the jets then that will be all the pressure sanchez needs to throw to polamalu.
      The jets can do it and I see them relying on drop passes, short runs and certainly defense.

I'll go against the grain and say we'll see jets bears.

Comment

Everybody likes the unders and I can see Pitt/Jets being a defensive, conservative struggle. But all 4 games went over last week. Teams are going for it rather than going down without swinging and these defenses can create turnovers. No play for me. I suck at over/unders.

Comment

I usually do too and I went against my gut and chose the under for GB/Chi even though I had this terrible feeling. I over analyzed this weeks games.

Comment

well nevermind that worked out for me. THough I would have liked a jets bears bowl. I still would like to see the jets make it I'm tired of the steelers and my family are jets fans (i'm giants fan but never disliked the jets).

Comment

4-0 with my 2 unit teaser, and GB -3 and Pitt -3 buying the hook. Jets gave us a scare at the end. Nice effort by them to hang in there.

Comment

Great job! I lost with a 3 pt teaser Pit -1 and Chi +6.5 but got it back with Pit -3 and OV 38.

Comment

Nice job as always Widestrides!!

Comment

Working...
                  X