Oklahoma got robbed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma got robbed!

Oregon touched the ball before it went 10 yards on the offside kick and the referee looked at the replay and say it, called it on the mike and still gave the ball to Oregon....do the referees not know the rules....if Oregon touches it before 10 yards then it should have been Oklahoma's ball

Oklahoma did not get robbed

There was a few calls that were against the Ducks that were bogus calls such as pass interference calls and we still overcame that. Even if that was a bad call by the refs then Oklahoma should have stepped up after that and played better defense. If they would have stopped them and made them turn the ball over then that would not have happened. But besides that Oklahoma still had a chance to win if they would have made the field goal but instead we stuffed their kick down their throat. So they still had PLENTY of chances to win but they just couldn't capitalize. So it was their own fault they lost so QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT.

Comment

Originally posted by lilshady
      There was a few calls that were against the Ducks that were bogus calls such as pass interference calls and we still overcame that. Even if that was a bad call by the refs then Oklahoma should have stepped up after that and played better defense. If they would have stopped them and made them turn the ball over then that would not have happened. But besides that Oklahoma still had a chance to win if they would have made the field goal but instead we stuffed their kick down their throat. So they still had PLENTY of chances to win but they just couldn't capitalize. So it was their own fault they lost so QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT.
      I was actually on Okla +6 so I am not bias here since I won anyway but lilshady, when refs MISS calls on the field that is understandable, they are only human. But when a replay system is in place to correct these human mistakes and these humans in the replay booth still get the call wrong, then that is flat out unfortunate.
      I could not believe my ears when I heard the ref say that the play on the field stands. Just really unfortunate for college football. Also on the tipped ball replay. Was it not obvious that the ball came out of the QBs hand in a spiral only to become a floating duck halfwas through the air. Unless they are playing in the matrix, the ball had to have been tipped. Just an unfortunate series of events that is going to taint the replay system they have in place
      Most Plays are 1-5 units

Special Plays may go up to 10 units

Unless noted:
      NFL Sides are -104
      NFL Totals are -105

-RACK EM'-

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by lilshady

One more question. What if on the blocked FG, Oklahoma challenged the play saying a player ran into their kicker. This is hypothetical of course, but what if no player ran into the kicker yet this "replay system" agreed with the call and oklahoma got another kick and made it and won the game. Then would you say to yourself "they still had PLENTY of chances to win but they just couldn't capitalize. So it was their own fault they lost so QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT?" I don't think you would...so do say it to others.
        Most Plays are 1-5 units

Special Plays may go up to 10 units

Unless noted:
        NFL Sides are -104
        NFL Totals are -105

-RACK EM'-

Chris

Comment

I'm a Duck but have to admit the pass was tipped and so there should have been no interference call, if that indeed is the rule. And I think it is.

On the onside kick, it looked like it may have been touched less than a half yard early, but that was very close and maybe too close to overturn.

Tough breaks for Oklahoma I admit.

Still the Ducks cruised in on those last two TDs so there were chances for OK to save it themselves.

Ducks won on a fake FG at Fresno State and now this! Are they a team of destiny or have they used up their luck for the season?!

Comment

and lets not forget the brilliant play call by stoop(id)s at the end running peterson and not trying to get any closer for a better chance at the FG. neither team played any D. they both deserved to lose.

Comment

It usually all comes out in the wash.

I'm in sports heaven after this weekend because Oregon and the NY Giants are my teams and both enjoyed miraculous finishes and wins. But I know you only get so many and sometimes you have to give some back.

Comment

Working...
              X