X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Town Dad Faces Illegal Gambling Charges

Town dad, 3 others face illegal gambling raps
    By Bong E. Otadoy

LAOAC -- At least four government officials are set to face administrative and criminal charges as the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) is thinking on filing these before the Ombudsman.

Members of the DILG's Special Operations Group Jericho apprehended the four officials together with two other suspects who were caught in the act of engaging into a tupada in Barangay Cabilaoan here recently.

The DILG is filing the charges against a municipal councilor and three other councilmen in Barangay Cabilaoan following their arrest while reportedly caught engaging into illegal cockfighting.

Based on the report of the SOG Jericho, DILG Secretary Jose D. Lina, Jr. identified the four officials arrested.

Sun.Star, however, withheld the names of the suspects pending their respective comments on the issue raised against them.

Meanwhile, Lina expressed belief that the arrest of the four suspects "points to the fact that there are no sacred cows on our resolute and determined campaign against illegal gambling".

"Anyone engaged in illegal gambling will have to pay for violating the law," Lina reiterated.

Lina also disclosed that Jericho chief, Supt. Noel Estanislao, is looking into the possibility that the four councilmen are actually behind the illegal cockfighting activities in this town.

During the raid, the SOG Jericho team seized from the culprits: several cockfighting paraphernalia and cash bets amounting to P2,000

"I went to a cockfight once...I stayed up all night greasing my zipper to get ready."
    --Rodney Dangerfield
    Affordable, successful and honest handicapping of all major sports and most minor sports.

www.netprophetsports.com

Comment

Working...
    X