X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Royal Review by Victor Ludoren

Royal Review
    By Victor Ludorem

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten phone calls from unknown stockbrokers who are kind enough to let me in on some ‘inside trading’ skinny on a sure deal stock tip. While trying to remain gracious and volley with my standard response “I’ll jump right in large, if you can guarantee me 100% return in 3 hours.” “That’s impossible!”
    they cry in reply, “Where can you get that kind of return on your money?” “Betting sports!” I tell them. As unsettling as these times are in the marketplace today, the timing has never been better for finding a safe place for a safe bet you can cash in on. That’s exactly what they did.
    Amid concerns by economists on Wall St. it seems everyone sold off and placed their ‘options’ on short term ‘sports futures’ at least at Royal Sports. Business was brisk this past weekend as we get back to the real ‘business at hand’…..football!!! Does 100% return in 3 hours sound unrealistic to you? Here’s how they did it.
    A mix of favorite and dog for Saturdays card, when the Spartans from Michigan St +9
    spanked the ‘Whining Irish’ from South Bend 17-10 and everybody’s choice the Texas Tech Red Raiders went from –17 to –20 had no trouble at all handling North Texas easily 42-14 on the plains of the Permian Basin.
    Black Friday on Wall St. paled by comparison to Sunday in the NFL when Royal only won one pro game. The financial world knew which side to take in the Charger game.
    A 13 to 1 ratio of bettors cashed in on San Diego –3.5 against the Cowgirls in Texas Stadium as the ‘Bolts went wire-to-wire and never looked back, winning 32-21. This Flutie lead Charger team looks to be much improved with the addition of the next Marshall Faulk, and his name is Ladamian Tomlinson, this scribe’s choice for NFL Rookie o’ the Year. Then they had their way with us down in Miami, as the home standing Dolphins –1 rallied late in the fourth-quarter on the arm and heels of QB Jay Fiedler. The Royal linemaker had an itchy trigger finger to grade this big game right up to the bitter end. After pumping up their accounts in the afternoon, the players unleashed their civic pride and fury in backing the Broncos to a lofty tune in the Sunday night contest, which was really no contest at all. Denver –8.5 was cakewalk in the Arizona desert. Bringing us to Monday night’s bloodbath on the not yet frozen tundra the Packers call home. Movers, shakers, bakers and candlestick makers all had Green Bay –9.5 as the ‘Strongest Link’ in all their pending parlays. The outcome at the bank was as ugly as the Redskin performance 0-37 on the field. When the smoke cleared, Royal got smoked 100% in 3 hours. So the next time you hear a commercial about “making money the old fashioned way” remember Royal Sports, perfecting the world’s second oldest profession.

I'm afraid to ask. I hope this week was a little better for the books!

Comment

I'm guessing this week wasn't so bad for the books. If there were any teetering on the brink, they got a stay of execution.

Comment

You are so correct. The difference was like night and day....on Mars. Much like when you stop dropping a sledgehammer on your toe and only use a hammer. I'm sure that Victor is weaving some yarns about it already.

Comment

Working...
        X