American Under Attack! Some Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Under Attack! Some Advice

By Martin Owens, Attorney at Law. ( This is a special article. The normal sequence of State law articles will resume at the end of the week.)

We are all shocked and sad, and more than a little angry, at the news of the terrorist attack on our country.

Our condolences and prayers go out to all the people who have suffered injury and loss as a result of this terrible act of treachery and mass murder.

But we must not let the terrorists win.

What can an individual person do to show that we are not beaten?

Four things.

1. Stay calm. Avoid spreading rumors and adding to the confusion.

2. Don’t shut down if you don’t have to. If your routine has been interrupted, resume normal operations as soon as possible. It’s the best way to show the world that the purpose of this vile attack has been thwarted, and that free people are not put in fear by vermin.

3. Give blood. It is badly needed now. Contact your local Red Cross

4. Get hold of an American flag. Display it where it can be seen.. Show that we stand united behind our country in this hour of trial.

God Bless America!

( Mr. Owens is an attorney specializing in the problems of the Internet, E-commerce and online gambling. Feel free to send comments, questions and inquiries to [email protected].

I agree with you. Things will never be the same in this country again.

I found out the NFL took alot of criticism when games were held just three days after President Kennedy was assassinated, however I feel very strongly that it was the right thing to do although I was too young to understand.

For the same reason, I think games should be held this Sunday for two reasons: If we let these terrorists shut us down, they win and two, we need a diversion right now.

For these reasons I hope the NFL decides to hold the games this Sunday. I think it would help start the healing process. Most everyone I know is still in shock. This would help the healing begin. Just my .02.

Comment

Working...
    X