Thesaurus Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thesaurus Please

I'm a little too new at this. I tried to save myself this posting but was unable to find what i was looking for elsewhere.

So here goes.....Can someone help this 'guppy' with definitions of "Wiseguy", "Originator", "Mover", "Steam Chaser", and "Scalper"?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lillihammer:
    [B]I'm a little too new at this. I tried to save myself this posting but was unable to find what i was looking for elsewhere. :o

So here goes.....Can someone help this 'guppy' with definitions of:

"Wiseguy"

FROM THE LEXICON OF REALITY:

WISEGUY-AN INDIVIDUAL WHO IS THE ORIGINATOR OF A PLAY OR SOMEONE WHO IS WORKING IN CONCERT WITH THE ORIGINATOR TO MOVE THE ORIGINATORS PLAYS INTO AS MANY OFFICES AS POSSIBLE IN THE SHORTEST PERIOD OF TIME AT THE EXACT PRICE THE ORDER IS PUT OUT AT THUS EFFECTIVELY WIPING OUT THE NUMBER IN THE MARKETPLACE WITHIN 30 TO 60 SECONDS AND CREATING THE GAMBLING PHENOMENON KNOWN AS "STEAM".

"Originator"

A PROFESSIONAL GAMBLER WHOSE PLAYS ARE SO STRONG IN A PARTICULAR SPORT THAT WHEN HE MOVES ONE OF HIS GAMES HE CAN EFFECTIVELY WIPE OUT THE MARKET WITHIN 30 TO 60 SECONDS.

"Mover"

AN INDIVIDUAL WHO ACTS IN CONCERT WITH AN ORIGINATOR TO MOVE THE MOST AMOUNT OF MONEY IN THE SHORTEST PERIOD OF TIME ON THE ORIGINATORS PLAY.

"Steam Chaser"

A FOLLOWER WHO IS ATTEMPTING TO PLAY THE ORIGINATOR'S GAME AT THE SAME PRICE AS THE ORDER WENT OUT FOR.

Scalper"?

A PLAYER WHO SEEKS TO SCALP THE PRICES IN BASEBALL AND KEEP THE CHANGE.

EXAMPLE:

LAY 1.60 WITH THE YANKEES AND TAKE BACK +1.65 WITH THE RED SOX.

IF THE RED SOX WIN THE "SCALPER" SCALPS THE GAME FOR 5 CENTS.

REALITY

Comment

Wiping out the number in the market place? He and his Movers lay enough money all at the same to cause a big line movement, thus the affected books all are forced to post a new line and the 'Wiseguys' can then jump on the line the other way? Such as 'Wiseguys pump heavy money into a book RANGERS -125. The book is so lopsided it must adjust the line and may push it to BLUEJAYS +130'? Then they grab the line th eother way.

Am I getting this?

Comment

THAT DOES HAPPEN BUT IT IS NOT A PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THE ORIGINATORS AND MOVERS.

IT IS HOWEVER AN EXPRESS WISH OF THE SCALPERS THAT THIS EVENT COMES TO PASS SO THEY MAY HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLY THEIR TRADE...

REALITY

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 04-06-2001).]

Comment

Working...
        X