winning baseball systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winning baseball systems

Now that we are so close to baseball, does anyone know any winning baseball systems? One that comes to mind is playing streaks. Playing on a team that has won 3 or more games in a row, or against a team that has lost 3 or more games in a row. Does anyone know how valid this system is? And are there any other systems out there that are profitable?

I went to Gambler's Book Club the other day,
    and they still had Mike Lee's useless old book--"Betting the Bases"--for sale.

Does anyone know of any angle that consistently wins in any sport? I don't. Even Monday night home dogs hasn't done well the past few years. Cheap, useless angles involving streaks have been around for years in baseball. And because ignorant players are alwasy looking for a quick fix, I imagine they'll be around for years more.

Comment

I agree. Systems rarely work for any length of time. Nothing beats solid handicapping.

The best way to beat the bases is to come up with a number that is better than the books......

There are some progression systems that appear to work, and one which I know of that made some people a fortune last year, but those systems are VERY dangerous, and could easily bury you......

Comment

Thanks for your input guys. Do you know of any handicapper that is worth following? I noticed that nitrobets will be posting their places here for free. Do you think they are credible?

Comment

GJ Update has a handicapper that apparantly does very well in bases, although last season wasn't a good one for him.

Comment

Originally posted by reno:
            [B]Does anyone know of any angle that consistently wins in any sport? I don't.

Yep, but they still require work. Not just - play against a 3 win team or silly stuff like that.

Comment

A capper named jts is very good at bases. Check Oddstalk.com's front page and/or wagerline. Plays only dogs. Did great last year but didn't post very much towards end of the year for some reason.

Comment

I have a 10yr old systeym,it wins 70units a year on its worse year,obviously I cant divulge the systeym.

I can give out a football systeym that wins every year,bet on Doug Flutie.

Comment

Baseball is a game of streaks and that's how you make money but here is a system that has never lost money for me:

Bet on any Home Team that has lost 2 games in a row against a Road Team that has WON 2 games in a row as long as the Home Team is favored and not more than a -170 lay.
                  Track it this year and I an sure you will see the same results I have.

Comment

Bruce,

Sounds like a good system. To save me the time from having to dig for days approx. how many opportunities do you come across per season with this criteria? Thanks in advance.

Comment

The system will come up at least 75-100 times in both leagues in a given year.
                      It is even stronger if it is the 3rd game of a series (i.e. Visiting team has won the first 2 games). But in this situation, make sure the visiting team has not won more than 2 in a row. Anymore than 2 qualifies as a streak and makes the system invalid.

Comment

Someone ought to track it and post the results this year......

Comment

Home dogs +200 or more

last 3yrs. 37-49 +31 units

last 5 yrs. 37-58 +22 units

Comment

There is a program called scorecast put out by dbc sports which is now vegas insider. This program is well worth the investment, and allows you to search for trends like the ones mentioned here.

Comment

Heres a link to that Scorecast:
                              http://sports.dbc.com/products/scorecast_bb.html
                              [url="http://www.bettorstalk.com"]bettorstalk.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X