Tennis at DAS: some comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis at DAS: some comments

I don't see a special forum for questions to DAS anymore, so I post it here.

After following the tennis odds at DAS for a quite some time, I finally opened an account with this book. I did it last Sunday to be able to bet on Indian Wells tournament.

1) "Dear Valued Clients, Please note that Tennis betting will now be available on
    trading days only until Midnight Local Time, please place your telephone and/or Internet Wagers prior to this time to avoid disappointment."

I understand that DAS has some reason to not accept bets after midnight and it is probably not a big deal for those in Australia; but for me being in the US it means that I am only able to place bets from about 3 a.m. to 9 a.m., which is highly inconvenient. In fact, I have not made a bet yet, because of this.

2) I asked DAS a question on Bettorsworld before about their tennis plans. I was told that DAS was going to offer tennis from the first round/ all matches during Super 9 events. I am not sure about "all matches" thing, but anyway I believe it is only natural to offer all matches once you started offering prices for a tournament.

I wish DAS would make up its mind about what it's doing. It maintains two seperate books, one for "U.S." sports and one for European/Australian....except U.S. golf and tennis which is handled on the Europe side. It makes no sense at all. If they want North American clients they should operate during North American hours.

I tried waiting up for their tennis lines last year, but they came up at 3 and 4 am. The problem is if you don't they all get picked clean by morning.

Comment

Bob,

I wouldn't be too harsh on them.

They posted their tennis odds later during this week, but the matches in Indian Wells were usually not over until midnight EST. So DAS couldn't do it earlier.

Compare this to Olympic which posted its tennis odds at about 9:30 a.m., just a couple of hours before the first matches began!

And in general, when DAS posts tennis odds it is usually THE FIRST (to the best of my knowledge) to do so. Plus, and most important, they are not at all afraid of expressing their opinion. Very often their opening line is a way off consensus.

My problem is that I couldn't wait for the opening line this week. I have to go to work in the morning and I need to get some sleep before.

[This message has been edited by alec (edited 03-17-2001).]

Comment

By the way, DAS has already posted Agassi vs. Sampras odds. I don't know any other book that has the odds for this match up at the moment.

Comment

Working...
        X