No announcement yet.

Olympic and Bad Lines = :)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality - I am not getting into another flame war with you because frankly we have nothing in common ...

I do not associate with the caliber of person that calls someone they do not even know a "bitch" in a public forum as you did ...

I do not associate with the caliber of person advocates that books steal a customers entire balance if he happens to accidently past post one game ...

I do not associate with the caliber of person who collects his football winnings in a paper bag of $5 and $10 bills in a seedy bar ...

As for Spiro of Olympic, I knew little about him before your last tirade - I have since learned that Spiro is as up standing an individual as exists in this business. The problem is, of course, that if he associates with someone of your caliber then some dirt will rub off ...

So Reality take your final shot ... I am done wasting time on you ...

Comment

MLS.....

I think you have gone overboard here......I understand you and reality don't see eye to eye but......

For starters, I have collected many a winning bet, in brown paper bags in the back of a gin mill. Seedy gin mills no less.

We, in this industry, owe a great debt of gratitude to those who once practiced their trades on the streets of americas finest cities.

These individuals have built this industry into what it is today. Some of the books you have previously mentioned, come from the very same streets.

While you may not like his style, and might take offense to his previous comments towards you, and rightly so, I guess, with his choice of words, I can tell you that Reality is every bit as upstanding as Spiro.........just a little rough around the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by WsP:
        I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to Spiro and the rest of the Olympic crew. I have no idea what brought me to try to take advantage of your outfit. It simply isn't in my nature to try to 'steal' my way through life. I have never before done such a thing and never will in the future. I wasn't thinking clearly. I sincerely apologize and wish to congratulate you on the excellent operation you run - without a doubt the best online book (haven't ever used their phone service).
        BROTHER WSP,

TO ERR IS HUMAN,

TO FORGIVE DIVINE...

YOUR REWARD FOR GETTING ON THE GOOD FOOT IS MEMBERSHIP IN THE CHURCH OF HONEST BETTING ETTIQUETE...

THE NEXT TIME YOU LOOK AT A MIS-POSTED LINE YOU WILL RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO SIN.

KEEP REPEATING TO YOURSELF:

IF I BET A LINE THAT I KNOW IS MISPOSTED,

I KNOW IN HELL MY A-S-S WILL BE TOASTED...

BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO BECOME TOAST,

THEY'VE TAKEN THE RIGHT PATH AND WILL NO LONGER STRUGGLE ,BUT COAST...

GAN I GET AN AMEN?

AMEN!

BROTHER REALITY

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by mls:
          Reality - I am not getting into another flame war with you because frankly we have nothing in common ...

THAT'S FOR SURE.

I do not associate with the caliber of person that calls someone they do not even know a "bitch" in a public forum as you did ...

I DID NOT CALL YOU A BITCH,I SAID MY POST BITCH SLAPPED YOU...

I do not associate with the caliber of person advocates that books steal a customers entire balance if he happens to accidently past post one game ...

I DON'T EITHER.

IT WAS TONGUE IN CHEEK ...

HOWEVER,FOR REPEAT OFFENDERS IT DOES HAVE A SORT OF AN APPEALING EYE FOR AN EYE QUALITY...

I do not associate with the caliber of person who collects his football winnings in a paper bag of $5 and $10 bills in a seedy bar ...

THIS IS YOUR STAEMENT:

posted 12-13-2000 04:35 PM
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally posted by mls:

Bet-the-Net had 3-4 sales fall through before it stiffed me for 13 dimes and everyone else.

EVERYONE HERE REALIZES HOW ABOVE US ALL THE GREAT MLS IS.

SO ONE QUESTION FOR US LESS ARISTOCRATIC?

IF YOU COULD PICK UP YOUR 13 DIMES FROM BET-THE-NET IN YOUR LOCAL GIN MILL,AND IT WASN'T IN PAPER CURRENCY BUT QUARTERS,WOULD YOU PICK IT UP OR WOULD YOU REFUSE ON THE GROUNDS IT WAS BENEATH YOU?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW...

WE BOTH KNOW IF YOU HAD TO HAVE A PITCHER OF GREEN BEER ON ST.PADDY'S WITH THE TOWN DRUNK AND GET ON THE BAR AND SING REALITY BOY TO THE TUNE OF DANNY BOY TO GET PAID,YOU WOULD START REHEARSING NOW!

As for Spiro of Olympic, I knew little about him before your last tirade - I have since learned that Spiro is as up standing an individual as exists in this business. The problem is, of course, that if he associates with someone of your caliber then some dirt will rub off ...

YOU TRIED TO HAVE SPIRO THROW ME UNDER THE BUS ONCE.

YOU FAILED.

YOU THREATENED TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT AND TAKE YOUR DOZEN FRIENDS WITH YOU.

HE RESPONDED,THAT ANYONE WHO WANTED THEIR MONEY NEED ONLY TO REQUEST IT.

THAT SHOULD HAVE SPOKEN VOLUMES TO YOU ABOUT SPIRO'S INTEGRITY AND HIS RESPECT FOR HIS FRIENDSHIP WITH ME AND MY RESPECT FOR MY FRIENDSHIP WITH HIM...

So Reality take your final shot ... I am done wasting time on you ...
          DITTO FOR ME.

JUST ONE POINT.

I RESPOND IN KIND, TO QUESTIONS POSED TO ME.

IN THE PAST WHEN YOU HAVE ADDRESSED ME IN A CIVIL MANNER YOU RECEIVED A CIVIL RESPONSE.

WHEN YOU ADDRESSED ME IN A LESS THAN CIVIL WAY I CAME DOWN TO YOUR LEVEL TO ACCOMODATE YOU.

THE ONLY PERSON, I EVER TURNED THE OTHER CHEEK FOR WAS MY GRANDMOTHER.

WHEN SHE TUCKED ME IN AND KISSED ME GOODNIGHT...

REALITY

Comment

reality, could you expand on that?

Comment

MISTY,

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO EXPAND ON?

REALITY

Comment

I don't get it.

REALITY seriously suggested that sports books steal bettors money and the members of this forum are seriously discussing if it is OK in every case of a bet on a so called "bad line" or just in some cases.

Am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by alec:
                  I don't get it.

REALITY seriously suggested that sports books steal bettors money and the members of this forum are seriously discussing if it is OK in every case of a bet on a so called "bad line" or just in some cases.

Am I missing something here?
                  ALEC,

THIS ORGINAL ZERO TOLERANCE POST WAS DIRECTED AT REPEATED PAST-POSTERS NOT PLAYERS WHO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF INCORRECTLY POSTED LINES.

AND WHEN YOU PAST POST ON LINE BECAUSE AN EVENT HAS BEEN LEFT OPEN YOU CAN'T CLAIM YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME THE EVENT STARTED BECAUSE IT IS POSTED RIGHT THERE.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO CLAIM,YOU KNOW HOW TO WAGER BUT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO TELL TIME?

ZERO TOLERANCE FOR BAD LINE CHEATS WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIRLY ENFORCE BECAUSE OF THE QUESTION OF WHAT CONSTITUTES A BAD LINE.

ZERO TOLERANCE FOR REPEAT PAST POST OFFENDERS IS IDEA AN WITH SOME MERIT...

REALITY

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 12-14-2000).]

Comment

last couple of weeks all my lines have been bad

Comment

Working...
                    X