What is wrong with this picture ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with this picture ?????

Ok I know, I know we have talked about this before. However today is Monday and not Sunday.

Lines for next week....

NO at SF - 2 1/2 -120

Come on it's Monday -120 ?????? what is the need for that....

Then you have

NYJ at Oakland -3 1/2

We can have a line of 3 1/2 on a much bigger matchup, but 2 1/2 -120 on a lesser matchup.

Kinda boggling...

Other thning is what is up with books using -120 and -130 on college hoops ????

Is there these magical all important numbers in College basketball as well ???

What happened to the days of here is the number -110 try to beat me....

freak,

How's it going my friend? I wish you well on your new and improved site!

Now to the topic at hand. AS I have stated across the street, look at these shops that are putting up these strange prices. Looks like a line a judge would order during a Chapter 11 hearing. The example you gave, SF-2.5-20. An absolute DBest clone to the nth degree. Smells like self imposed belt tightening. There's no value. They are splitting hairs and showing a strong defensive posture. Maybe they are getting their butts kicked?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by freak:
      [B]Ok I know, I know we have talked about this before. However today is Monday and not Sunday.

Lines for next week....

NO at SF - 2 1/2 -120

Come on it's Monday -120 ?????? what is the need for that....

IF YOU WROTE 50 OR A 100 DIMES -2.5 -1.10 AND DON'T WANT TO GO TO 3,WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GO?

Then you have

NYJ at Oakland -3 1/2

We can have a line of 3 1/2 on a much bigger matchup, but 2 1/2 -120 on a lesser matchup.

Kinda boggling...

NO IT'S NOT.

THIS GAME WAS BET -1.5,-2,-2.5,-2.5-1.15 NEXT STOP IS -2.5-1.20 IF YOUR TRYING TO AVOID 3.

YOUR COMPARING APPLES AND ORANGES TRYING TO COMPARE A GAME GOING FROM 4 T0 3.5 (OAK/JETS) TO A GAME MOVING IN ON 3 IN THE N.F.L THE MOST DANGEROUS NUMBER IN FOOTBALL.

THE MARQUIS APPEAL OF THE GAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NUMBER WHEN A B.M.HAS TO MAKE A DECISION TO MOVE IT.

Other thning is what is up with books using -120 and -130 on college hoops ????

Is there these magical all important numbers in College basketball as well ???

I'LL OPEN MYSELF UP TO MY CRITICS.

BETWEEN PIC AN 5 IN BASKETS IS WHERE MOST SIDES AND MIDDLES TAKE PLACE.

I CONTEND A 1/2 POINT IN THIS RANGE IS WORTH .15 NOT .10.

DON'T ATTACK ALL AT ONCE,AND REMEMBER IT'S THE HOLIDAY SEASON.

SEE YOU AFTER DINNER.

What happened to the days of here is the number -110 try to beat me....

THEY DISAPPEARED WHEN OPERATIONS HAD TO ABSORB THE HIGH COST OF DOING BUSINESS OFF-SHORE.

TOLL FREE NUMBERS,MARKETING,BONUSES,ETC.,ETC.

A REAL DOSE OF REALITY!

REALITY

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 12-04-2000).]

Comment

Reality,

What are you eating tonight? Earlier ate some ziti and shrimp at a local joint. If it wasn't a comp I'd feel like the biggest sucker here. Sauce tasted and looked like 1% milk.

Comment

Freak - What did I say before? Can't we just go back to BASICS? 11/10 Please!!!

Comment

RONBETS,

I HAD A FEW FRIENDS OVER FOR SOME LINGUINE WITH WHITE CLAM SAUCE.

THE ENTREE WAS CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE AND LEMON ON THE BONE (LEGS AND THIGHS ONLY).

THE SIDE DISH WAS POTATOES CUBED AND FRIED IN VIRGIN OLIVE OIL IN A CASTE IRON SKILLET.

TAKE OUT THE POTATOES AND FRY FRESH SLICED MUSHROOMS ADD GARLIC AND A LITTLE RED PEPPER.

WHEN THE MUSHROOMS ARE ALMOST DONE,REINTRODUCE THE FRIED POTATOS ADD SEASONED BREAD CRUMB AND PECORINO ROMANO GRATED CHEESE.

STIR AND SERVE.

THE DESERT WAS CAPPUCINO AND CREAM CHEESE CAKE.

THE WINE WAS LOUIS JADOT POUILLY FUISSE.

A LIGHT REPASTE...

CHEF REALITY

P.S.

I COOK MUCH BETTER THAN I POST.

MY COOKING SEEMS TO AGREE WITH PEOPLE MORE THAN MY POSTING...

[This message has been edited by REALITY (edited 12-04-2000).]

Comment

Reality,

Like I said before, you and the pitchfork man are professional eaters. Cooking is talent. Forget this gaming stuff!!

Comment

RONBETS,

IF I COULD JUST WALK INTO A KITCHEN LIKE EMERIL AND HAVE EVERTHING ALREADY CUT AND CLEANED AND READY TO GO I WOULD LIKE NOTHING BETTER THAN TO COOK FOR AND HOST MY FRIENDS EVERY EVENING.

THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

THE MARKETING AND PREPARATION SEEMS LIKE IT NEVER ENDS.

AND THE CLEANUP AFTER IS A NIGHTMARE.

WHEN I COOK IT IS JUST LIKE A COOKING SHOW.

I USE EVERY BOWL AND DISH IN THE HOUSE.

WHEN I STEEP TO THE STOVE IT'S SHOWTIME.

EVERY INGREDIENT IN ITS OWN DISH.

DID SOMEONE SAY ANAL RETENTIVE?

WHEN I COOK I HARDLY EAT.

AND I DON'T SOCIALIZE UNTIL EVERY DISH AND POT AND PAN IS WASHED AND BACK IN IT'S PROPER PLACE.

DON'T GET NO CRAZY IDEAS,REALITY IS A BIG TIME LADIES MAN.

WHAT GOT ME INTO COOKING WAS WHEN A GIRL I WAS CRAZY FOR TOLD ME THAT MY COOKING AND SERVING HER DINNER WAS THE SEXIEST THING A MAN EVER DID FOR HER.

IF IT WAS B.S.MY FRIENDS WOULD SINCERELY LIKE TO THANK HER BECAUSE REALITY HAS SOME SERIOUS SIGNATURE DISHES...

BON APPETITE!

CHEF REALITY

Comment

Reality,

A few years ago I met this sharp blonde German girl on the strip(me,almost divorced). She told me that there was nothing more sexy than having a man cook for her. OK baby, my place tomorrow night. We had great meatloaf and fixings. The night ended on a sour note when she found Spago 'to go' boxes on my counter!

True story, Scotty's man can vouch for that one. He picked up the food in the Forum Shops.

Comment

Reality, for the first time ever I have to disagree with you.(LOL) Years ago, before the introduction of the 3-point shot and 45-second clock in college hoops in the mid to late '80s, a half-point in colleges in the pick to 4.0 point range was worth 15 cents. Consequently, I always spent the extra 10-cents to buy half-points on games in this range. However, according to a 3-year study I did 10 years ago, it was no longer worth it to buy half-points for 10-cents on any college point spreads. And because the rules in college hoops have not dramatically changed in the past decade, I doubt that it is now worth it to buy half-points for 10-cents.

However, just to be sure, I'm in the process of completely updating my studies in college basketball. In a few weeks, I'll know exactly how many cents a half-point and point is worth on and off every number. But don't expect me disclose the results in this forum. As I've stated before, I have a list of 100 things I hope to accomplish before I kick-off, and not one of them includes educating BMs.

Comment

RONBETS,

THIS PARTICULAR GIRL COMES OUT OF THE BATHROOM WITH JUST A SILK BLOUSE UNBUTTONED HALF WAY DOWN AND SIX INCH STILETTO HEELS AND IN A SOFT SEXY VOICE THAT I CAN STILL HEAR SAYS:

YOU SERVED ME,NOW IT'S TIME FOR ME TO TAKE CARE OF YOU...

SHE DID!

GRATEFUL REALITY

Comment

RENO,

WHEN I WAS PLAYING I COULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A MORE DEFINITIVE ANSWER BECAUSE OF ALL THE CHARTS I USED TO KEEP AND ALL THE RESEARCH I USED TO DO.

I STILL MAINTAIN MY BELIEF THAT BETWEEN PIC AND 5 IN BASKETS BECAUSE OF THE PROPENSITY FOR GAMES TO LAND THAT THESE 1/2 POINTS ARE WORTH .15.

I WOULDN'T SAY IT WAS THE BIBLE LIKE SOME OF MY OTHER BELIEFS BUT UNTIL I SEE OTHERWISE I WOULD HOLD A LITTLE MORE IN THIS RANGE BEFORE
                        I MOVE MY NUMBER.

REALITY

Comment

Freak, as long as people keep laying the -2.5 -120/125/130 and taking +3 -120/125/130, the BM's aren't going to stop moving numbers that way. Now when WWTS has 196 OVER -140, and everyone else has 198, they aren't going to get too many people to lay the -140. On hoops totals things might change but the BM's these days are so afraid of getting sided on 3 in football that I don't think this will change anytime in the near future.

I think that on or off the number 3 should be the only time a moneyline should be attached but like you said, I also see Oakland -3.5 -115 at a few places

Comment

Ronbets...Just talked to him. He's going to the VA hospital tomorrow for an upper/lower GI. I told him to get a brain scan and while they wre at it see if they can find the BR he lost. Seriously, I hope he's OK, he's a friend. He can't eat for a day. The guy who comps his first meal better have a big pen.
                            Have to tell this BTO story. He worked for me in Reno. We had him over for dinner. Six slices of bread on his turf first pass. When the chicken was getting low he actually took it all to stock up. Square business! My kids were little at that time and they just stared at the sight of him "eating". We think he enjoyed it but it was over so quick we weren't sure. Some of those stains on his Laker shirt are from that meal...Scotty

Comment

Scotty, (LOL) Thanks for the warning!

Comment

Working...
                              X