selling points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling points?

Everyone knows that you can buy points in football and hoops usually for 10 cents a half point except on 3 in football. Has anyone ever seen or heard of any book to let you sell points such as take a half point worse laying 10 cents less for each half point you lay?

The reason why I ask this is because football sucks to middle. I would like football a lot more if I were able to take leads on games such as Northwestern +7 early and when the line goes down to 5, sell 2 points for 40 cents to get Minnesota -7 +130.

Has any book ever thought about this method of a player being able to sell points? Would any book ever even think about doing this? Would any book ever think about leaving all lines the same and using a money line on all action?

I very rarely buy points. I usually don't bet teasers, parlays or futures to win it all because you can't bet the opposite side of the bets. When you can't take the other side, the BM will almost always have more vig in their favor since you can't bet against these type of plays.

How about being able to bet certain teams WON'T win the Super Bowl or betting that I won't lose all four games in a parlay. Any BM's ever think about doing any of these things.

Would any BM ever dare? I doubt it but just thought I'd ask. Frank

Frank,

This is a thinking mans post. Unfortunately for the BM, your thinking would probably put some sharp players way over the top. I think too many of us would rather play Team A -26 +11/10, vs -25 -11/10. I know I would!

The paramutual betting you mentioned was tried and not very successful.

Comment

Ronbets, You make a good point about using that on non key numbers. Its really funny though when we have a dead number like -25 painted and 1 sharp DB book moves to -26 all the copycat clone joints will move on air from 1 dead number to another without booking a single red cent. 75% of BM's don't have a clue how move numbers in the first place let alone would know what to do in any of these possible situations.

Comment

Frank- You should check out WSEX. They have future markets where you can buy or sell any team. This gives you the abiltiy to bet on or against a team or player. They also offer at different times stuff like world series MVP,Heisman winner etc.. for example if you liked Piazza to be the world series MVP you could buy him and get maybe 10-1 and if you didn't like him sell him and lay 12-1 or so. If your interested and have questions that you can't figure out after reading their website call and ask for Steve.

Comment

Working...
        X