Overtime Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime Question?

Does anyone know the rules for Pro and College Football overtime rules. Also the Pro Exhibition overtime rules. Do they play it? How long? 1 or two overtimes? I can't find the answer anywhere.

MGK
    Good question and here is what I think the answer is:

Pros: Preseason or regular - 15 minute overtime. No tie games last year but I believe there were two the year before and then there was a gap of about 5 years.

College: Each teams gets a shot from the 25 I think until they settle it. I think they make them go for a two point conversion after so many overtime tries. This needs to be double checked as different conferences might have it different.

I'm getting the idea you are a teaser man! As far as a black and white documented source I am also interested in where to find it. Gotta be in a rules handbook for officials I assume.

Comment

yes college after 2ots must go for 2.
      Nfl exhibition coahes tend to go for 2 to avoid ot.

Comment

I think it is after 3 ot's that they have to start going for 2's in college, but I may be wrong, and I certainly apologize if I am.

[This message has been edited by Jason Daubenspeck (edited 08-10-2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X