Just pick the winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just pick the winners

If you just pick the winner of the game in the NFL, the pointspread comes into play only 25-30% of the time!

Jakester,
    Sure but that's the hard part.
    Rich Rosenthal

Comment

Chillin,

I was just merely stating, that so many players let the pointspread influence their bet making decisions.....

Comment

Well Golly Gee Jakester, thanks for the insights. You must have made a fortune betting moneylines in Football. Why don't you enlighten us on some more of your secrets. Curly

Comment

Thats a grrrreat point Curly, but I'm not one to put up that grrrreat of a risk betting the $Line...the only time I bet $Lines is when I can create a nice edge for myself. Thanks, but no thanks for the tip......

[This message has been edited by jakester (edited 08-05-2000).]

Comment

That was "professor" Jack Painter's NFL-betting mantra when I took his courses on handicapping at Clark County Community College in the mid-80s: "Just pick the winner of the game and don't worry about the pointspread." My NFL mantra is this: "Don't believe anything Jack Painter said regarding the NFL." To disregard the pointspread if you believe a team is going to win outright--and therefore cover the spread almost every time--is nothing short of ridiculous. But, beliefs like that explain why Jack drove an old beater rather than a new Beemer.

Comment

If you try and just pick the winner of the game, you will hit about 70-75% of your plays. Then when the point spread turns around the aforementioned 25-30% of those you will be down to 50%.

Take this betting strategy and forget it very quickly.

Comment

Working...
              X