Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN:RENO BOOKMAKING 101 IS NOW IN SESSION

ATTENTION RENO:

BOOKMAKING 101 IS NOW IN SESSION ON PAGE 4 OF THE THREAD ENTITTLED:THE END OF AN ERA:IS SCALPING GONE FOREVER?

CLASS WILL BE TAUGHT BY THE EMENINT PROFESSOR SCOTTY OF THE STARDUST UNIVERSITY.

ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY FOR WANNABE B.M.'S

THAT IS ALL...

REALITY

REALITY
    If possible, please contact me at
    [email protected]. I have some
    questions to ask you about bookmaking.
    thank you........OLD MAN

Comment

OLD MAN,

PLEASE CHECK YOUR E-MAIL.

REALITY

Comment

REALITY, SIR, pardon our collective ignorance, but we thought you already presented us with Bookmaking 101. You taught us about not opinionating the opening lines, making sure you know nothing about teams and players when you are in the box; updating on air; cloning the Don Best screen, kicking out guys who beat you on the steam and guys who buy-back; and how scalpers are vermin, the veritable scourge of sportsbetting cyberspace.

And we genuflected in awe and appreciation as you enlightened us about the hitherto enfolded and mysterious truths of bookmaking.

In our humble opinion, we thought that we had grasped the profound knowledge that you presented us. We thought that we were, in fact, ready for the truly esoteric truths offered in Bookmaking 102. But perhaps we were being presumptuous, perhaps we overestimated our ability to comprehend the "inner" teachings that you graced us with.

SIR, if we are not worthy of BM 102 at this time, please accept our humble apolgies, and continue instructing us with more of your immeasurable wisdom from BM 101.

Infinite Salutations and Prostrations,
        Your Loyal Bettorsworld Students

Comment

Where's the Steel Cage? Will this
          pissing contest ever end? Why don't
          you both meet on the "strip", and
          fight until the death. To quote
          Rodney King; "can't we all just get
          along"! Whatever happen to Rodney
          anyway?

Sportsbank.

Comment

DEAR MR. RENO,

WHEN REALITUS EMERATUS SPOKE ABOUT THE VIRTUES OF HAVING NO OPINION WHILE SITTING IN THE BOX HE WAS LAMBASTED AS A HERETIC.

I THINK YOU USED THE CRASS PHRASE:

A CLONE JOINT MONKEY...

AS YOU DID NOT PAY ATTENTION IN PROFESSOR REALITY'S CLASS WE THOUGHT A REMEDIAL BOOKMAKING 101 WITH A NEW PROFESSOR MIGHT BRING YOU TO A NEW LEVEL OF ENLIGHTENMENT.

ACCORDINGLY, WE SOUGHT OUT THE EMINENT PROFESSOR SCOTTY OF THE WORLD RENOWNED STARDUST INSTITUTE.

AFTER READING HIS LECTURE ON ODDMAKERS,BOOKMAKERS AND THEIR OPINIONS,A LECTURE WHICH IS ALMOST A CARBON COPY OF PROFESSOR REALITY'S, WE ARE ALL INTERESTED TO SEE IF YOU ARE NOW ENLIGHTENED ENOUGH TO ADMIT THE ERRORS OF YOUR THINKING AND FINALLY EMBRACE THE REALITY OF BOOKMAKING.

THIS IS LIKE THE BAR EXAM.

YOU HAVE ALREADY FLUNKED TWICE SON.

SO THIS IS LAST LICKS AND THIS AIN'T NO ASIAN HOOKER .

THIS IS YOUR REPUTATION WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE SO MAKE IT GOOD.

THE PODIUM IS NOW YOURS...

REALITY

Comment

I think this is funny because SCOTTY has never stated anything else except that, At the Stardust when he was there they TOOK ALL BETS and won without a problem!

He never had to resort to this NEW TYPE of bookmaking and toss players for any reason except stealing, being a problem with the other customers, or SLEEPING.

Reality,

Scotty, Like all of us agrees your dream world losers only booking paridise. But you do have to be a nerd to admit you do it. And that's not his style....... unlike you.

Anymore stupid statements?

Comment

DOGGIE,

PLEASE TAKE SOME READING COMPREHENSION LESSONS.

WHAT ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT?

WE ARE ADDRESSING PROFESSOR SCOTTY'S LECTURE ON ODDSMAKERS,BOOKMAKERS AND OPINIONS IN THIS PARTICULAR THREAD.

PLEASE GO TO THE TOP OF THREAD TO FIND OUT WHERE IN THE LIBRARY IT IS.

READ IT 3 OR 4 TIMES OR AS MANY TIMES AS NECESSARY SO YOU CAN COMPREHEND THE SUBJECT MATTER AND THE COME BACK TO THIS LECTURE HALL.

DON'T WORRY WE'LL SAVE YOU A SEAT.

YOU CAN SPEAK AFTER YOUR CLASSMATE RENO HAS HIS TURN.

THIS IS ADULT EDUCATION SO WE MIGHT BE HERE ALL NIGHT SO TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED.

RENO! RENO!

WE'RE WAITING ...

PLEASE ADVISE IF THIS IS ANOTHER NO MAS,NO LO CONTENDRE,NO RESPONSE FROM RENO.

THANK YOU.

REALITY

Comment

REALITY...I never, ever threw out a player because he won. Never! In any store I managed. First of all a winner would have our money. Why the hell would I chase him to give it to someone else. Most important I needed winners. If I do my job properly for every winner there should be a loser. I get the juice. ITS NOT MY JOB TO BEAT THE PLAYER. I SIMPLY BRING THEM TOGETHER AND HOLD THEIR MONEY(WAGERS). THEN I PAY THE WINNERS WITH THE LOSERS MONEY AND I GET TO KEEP A LITTLE. HOW THE HELL CAN I BEAT ALL THE PLAYERS? I CANT. THEY ARE MUCH SMARTER THAN ME. I CERTAINLY USE OTHER PEOPLES KNOWLEDGE THOUGH. IF A BOOKMAKER SAYS HE BEATS HIS PLAYERS BECAUSE HE MANIPULATES THE LINE ON HIS SMARTS, AND STILL WINS CONSISTENTLY, ILL SAY GREAT THEN FORGET ABOUT HIM & MOVE ON TO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE NOT BS. If I put a # on a game anybody,
                  smart or dumb, can bet either side. If I dont want to accept wagers on a # I wouldnt use it. Any questions?...Scotty

Comment

SCOTTY,
                    I NEVER SAID ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

I NEVER SAID YOU THREW PLAYERS OUT.

THE B.M.101 LESSON I WAS REFERRING TO IS YOUR TAKE ON THE ODDSMAKERS JOB,THE BOOKMAKERS JOB,AND THE FACT THAT SOME OF THE BEST HAVE NO OPINION.

WHEN I MADE THIS EXACT POST,THE GREAT RENO CALLED ME A CLONE JOINT MONKEY.

THAT IS WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO AND I WILL NOW PUSH THAT POST UP IN THE THREAD IT IS IN SO YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I AM REFERRING TO.

REALITY

Comment

Doggie,Scott,
                      The only reason Iam posting in this is because I know the people involved here. Doggie you I feel are a very smart individual but there is something here that you are overlooking the particular individual that you are going up against here
                      is not in the wrong, if his guy behind him with the money says no wiseguy's then there is no wiseguy's.

Comment

Chester,

First of all I hope you are doing O.K.

Second of all I NEVER said he was not good at anything or not sharp.

I just think BOOKS are not playing a fair game if they give reasons why certain players are told they can't play at your sports book. These people are NOT BOOKIES and their is no need for a BOOKIE if that's the kind of business you want.

He says he can run a book that takes all players. GREAT. But there is no GLORY running a CLONE JOINT. NONE! And you don't need to know anything. THAT'S MY POINT.

Also there's soooo few people that are good at booking, why would he defend this bull***t type of sport book if he is one of the good ones?

That doesn't make any sense.

The value of a good sports book manager is ignored by most Sports book owners! Most are IGNORANT and loss money everyday because they have monkeys running the BOOK. Even the CLONE BOOKS would make more money. They are just greedy and can't handle paying someone good money even though they can make alot more MONEY.

YOU KNOW THIS IS TRUE I'M SURE!!!!!!

Comment

As Tom Waits croons in "Step right up"
                          Volume, Volume, turn up the volume"

Unfortunately the information age has led to a smarter "public". Unfortunate for the bookmakers (smarter squares = less gravy) and unfortunate for the full time gamblers (smarter squares = harder to beat early lines and quicker movement on new information). So there is simply less GOOD volume to go around.

Comment

Working...
                          X