Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Gov't of Antigua & Barbuda

Dear Ms. McAllister,

I am in receipt of your letter date 14th June 2000 by which you tendered your resignation as Director of Offshore Gaming effective 16th June 2000.

Despite its date of 14th June your letter was faxed to my office at 6 minutes past seven o'clock on the evening of the 16th June; the original was received on 19th June.
    Prior to all this, the letter of resignation was posted on the Internet. To say the least, this was a most inappropriate manner in which to tender a resignation.

Your resignation letter points to the fact that you are, in your own words "out of step with the industry and the government" and suggests that the only way proposed by you for regulating the industry that would set the standard and eventually the world". This shows a remarkable confidence in your own views to the exclusion of the opinions of virtually anyone else involved in the industry's regulation. It also suggests that you are not a team player; a characteristic required for the success of any venture.

In the circumstances, it is right that you should resign since your belief in the supremacist nature of your own views would be in constant conflict with everyone else who is trying to establish a properly regulated framework for e-commerce in Antigua and Barbuda. In this regard, I accept your resignation and wish you good fortune in your future endeavors.

Yours Sincerely,

Lester B. Bird

Prime Minister

Footnote

It appears there was a brief time where thing s got out of hand. I believe the government of Antigua has "corrected" this situation and things are looking up.

brian

brian

Herbert "Herbie" John Maginley has been selected as the Antigua and Barbuda Director of Offshore Gaming, replacing Gyneth McAllister.

Comment

Working...
    X