No line moves today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No line moves today

Normally Saturdays are good for a day full of action. Except for a couple of pitching changes there was very little line movement today. Where are all the heavy hitters?

The Poker Players shut down today, hopefully not for the season, but possibly. That's all the info I have.

Comment

So Randy I guess you were fortunate to not get down on LA/STL over, Balt/SEA over and Tor/Bos over?

Comment

Randy, are you playing the moves this season or just scalping them? If you're playing them, what is your record?

Comment

I just talked to a guy who moves for the Pokers. He said that the Pokers are afraid of being indicted and having their money confiscated. On top of that, they have been losing. Consequently, they might shut down for the season.

Face it, if you're a big-time sportbettor or money-mover, you're viewed as a criminal by the U.S. government. And they brand you as a criminal so they can legally steal your money and keep it for themselves!

Comment

One wonders what the potential economic effects of this development might be. With a large following of steam chasers contributing to a sizeable handle each day, and lines moving radically enough for scalpers to buy back long numbers, clearly there would be trickle down consequences resulting from the absence of their play.

Books will see a measurable reduction in handle, but many of the smaller outs won't fret since they'll be left to writing mostly square action anyway. The shops that will miss the action most are the larger outs that cater to the bigger players and money movers.

If there is a silver lining to the Pokers shuting down and the moves going flat, it'll be that the Don Best Premium service drops to $200/mo.

Say it ain't so....

Comment

Reno, I have been following them selectively lately. For I couple of weeks earlier I played all the steam, even though I was scratching my head wondering how they liked some of the plays they did. I am a diehard dog player and won't eat the chalk when they like the Braves with the 4th or 5th starter going. I dug a hole early in the season but am in the black, but I doubt the steam plays have pinched anything. bbuster, loaded up on the LA/Stl over, layed off the other 2, wished they had rained it out, but with Big Mac's homer in the first, they would have waited all night to make that game count. BetteMidler-I'm with you, their will be a major reduction in action for the industry and I don't see how that can be positive.

Comment

Working...
              X