Newcomer has questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcomer has questions

Am having trouble keeping a reliable BM in my area and am fairly new to the 'Net. Have been reading posts from the past year on this forum but have some questions.

1. I keep hearing youu guys mention CRIS yet do not see it at the bottom of this page. What is the web address?
    2. How soon were some of you pegged as wise guys and had your limits lowered and/or were tossed out?
    3. Do you use various methods of payout or stick with one method?
    4. How many oouts should I have?
    5. What about taxes on winnings?

That's enough for now... don't want to tie you guys up answering the new guy's questions. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

HB

Disregard the question on taxes. Just read the thread on this same page.

Comment

Welcome Hugh...

My take on your questions:

1. crissports.com
      2. Most offices will figure out who a wiseguy is within 10-20 plays. What they choose to do with wiseguys varies widely. Some places actually welcome the action.
      3. I use bankwires from overseas accounts and Western Union (Quick Collect whenever possible). Lots of people use credit cards; I choose not to.
      4. "As many as possible". Be sure to get a few phone outs and a few online outs. I'd start with five and add more as you feel comfortable (and hopefully increase your bankroll). I'd never have more than 1/3 of my bankroll in one spot (safety; nobody's numbers are always more attractivethan the others'...if they are, that's a safety issue too!)

In the "Two-minute Drill" series currently in the archives I wrote an article about choosing places to play..you can check it out. One useful thing, I think, is to adopt the following m.o. once you've identified a place:

--Send them 1/3 to 1/2 what you were contemplating sending them (so if you were going to send ten dimes, send about four; if you were going to send $500 send $200).

--Play for a month. Bet small, in proprtion to what you sent. Make at least one unusual but not unreasonable request (if a phone book, for instance, make a couple "if" bets or ask to play a baseball game five minutes after it's gone). See if you are treated courteously (even if your request cannot be accommodated).

--Withdraw about 1/2 of what's left in the account after the month passes. See how quickly payment arrives.

--Then make an honest evaluation: Were their numbers useful? Did you get good customer service? Was the payout prompt? If yes on all three points, send them back the full amount you were planning to send and play normally.

There are a lot of solid outs offshore.

Just my $.02...

Shawn

Comment

Most helpful, Shawn. Thanks much.

HB

Comment

Working...
        X