No announcement yet.

Question for Don Best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with RENO-a BM is only as good as his worst number. a question for RONBETS-this guy
    MONTI-what is he exactly RAZOR SHARP at?

Comment

Loudog,
      The number on the game came @152. Spiros hung 138. I don't know if it was a mistake or if he was making a stand. But, the result was that the line dropped everywhere else. The game went flying over. It actually helped me because I kept a high number and wrote the under action. I have noticed a few other times when his lines were just completely wrong(Spurs series price jumps to mind). I do however, give him a ton of credit for making his own numbers and hanging them before anyone else. I just wouldn't want to compare the current line to his opening line.
      Rich
      Rich Rosenthal

Comment

CTMost,

Thanks.

loudog

Comment

I SEE HIS OPENERS FOR OVERNITE BASEBALL-
          BELIEVE ME-HE DOESNT TAKE A STAND-I CAN TELL YOU WHAT HE WILL OPEN WITH AND ILL BE REAL CLOSE.

Comment

I will not mention any names but I will say that I have worked for the man mentioned above, let me also add that as long as it starts with a "G" they will call it gambling.
            We will continue to either hand write and or punch tickets on our computer's and grade the bets when the game's are over after we write and or punch the wager. Let us not forget they always will still have to play the game.
            It is simply amazing to me how all of these people in this forum can possibly form an opinion of someone whom they have never met.

Comment

EXCUSE ME CHESTER, the man under discussion and I go way back to NYC when our pants flared out on the bottoms.

Old Man,
              This man revolutionized hockey #s to draw action. Made 1.5 favourites 2.5 dog lay money. Like I said in a previous thread, its much easier to tear something down than to build it. I think that axiom applies here when building virgin #s. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery and they clone the s-h-i-t out of his #s.

Comment

RONBETS
                LET ME CORRECT SOMETHING. MY COMMENT ABOUT TAKING A STAND WAS NOT DIRECTED AT MONTI, BUT
                AT THE FELLOW WHO RUNS OLYMPIC.

Comment

This is really a good suggestion. I try to save the openers and closers for future reference, and I'm always interested in the Caribi ones, not the Stardust.

It would save me a lot of time and trouble if those openers could be changed to the Caribi. What about it, Dana?

Comment

-
                    Last edited by Don Best; 04-30-2002, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I say use the overnight opener since those lines hardly move until after 8:00am. For the rest of the summer it couldn't hurt to make the switch to Caribi's opener.

Comment

Passing along some words of wisdom from a friend, who says:

If you want to know who's openers are the strongest, take the openers from the line history on Don Best, and compare them with the closing lines for each specific book.

The opener that is closest to closing line, is the strongest line.

Comment

Jeff- That sounds like a dose of REALITY!

Comment

Jeff, that's pretty good. But I'm really not after the strongest openers, just the most likely ones. These would be most indicative of results, looked at retrospectively.

I try and save the overnight lines as well, but because of the limits they have to be discounted.

How about those Belize openers?

Comment

bbuster:

The real one, without Rhyme or REASON, thanks you for recognizing his take on the topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X