Question for Don Best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Don Best

For baseball, why do you have the Stardust opener posted in the "Open" column? The Caribi overnight line would be a much better indication of the true opening line. Thanks.

Good point. Actually, it would be better to have either Stations or Olympic, they are the first two to come up, no? I think this is a great idea, I would like to make a quick comparison instead of going through the archived lines. How 'bout it Don Best?

Comment

Please not Olympic. Those are useless to a BM. I guess they're great for the middlers.
      Rich Rosenthal

Comment

Chilin...

How is Olympic's 20c line "great" for middlers/scalpers?

My guess is that Caribi would be more appropriate, simply because they are probably the most "cloned" line out there. If a couple dozen shops copy their lines carte blanche, at least let their openers ought to represent some sort of standard.

Comment

THIS GUY MONTI GARNERS THAT MUCH RESPECT
          FOR HIS BASEBALL LINE?

Comment

Bette Midler,
            Sorry, shows you how much respect I have for that guy. I didn't realize he was dealing 20 cents. I watch everybody's numbers and then move em off my Don Best if they aren't useful. I took him off after that total he hung in the Duke game.
            Rich
            Rich Rosenthal

Comment

Old Man,

He may not be the handsomest and possess a melodious voice, but hes RAZOR SHARP.

Comment

RONBETS
                YOU AND AN ADDITIONAL 24 PEOPLE IN THE PAST HOUR HAVE ALL TOLD ME THE SAME THING.

Comment

I don't agree in the least about Caribi being sharp in baseball. I'm totally unimpressed.

Comment

Reno,
                    I respect your opinion. Who do you think has the sharpest baseball line?

JD

Comment

No one. I'll give you an example. Looselines opened the Astros -111 this morning. I bet LA +101 with Billy, who does numbers there. I told him the game would go to LA -115. And it did.

Look at the St. Louis game. What a joke. Only an idiot would have made St. Louis
                      -133, which was the morning opener. The wiseguys let the number sit at Caribi until the other Don Best joints started putting up their openers, and then everyone, including me, pounded the Giants. I ended up with a huge scalp on the game, as I got +123 on SF and as high as +105 on St. Louis.

The wiseguys have gotten wiser. They pretty much let the Caribi numbers sit until other joints open up. Why spoil the numbers for a lousy $2500?

Lance at Skybook is pretty good at anticipating what the players will do. But I can't give my 'ol buddy too much credit because he usually opens late.

And for the final time--I have said this at least 10 times already in this forum--but no one ever remembers--CRIS and Caribi do NOT know how to move baseball totals. How sharp does that make them?

Comment

Reno,

Are you posturing to be the new line making czar? I doubt it. Remember its always easier to tear something down than erectng it.

Comment

RENO:

I noticed that too and what people tend to forget is that it's great for people who
                          follow the sport and handicap the games as
                          their is no excuse for not being able to 'get a good # of the openers unline in
                          some football games where the # is gone long
                          before I get a crack at it. There's 2 ways
                          to go about baseball betting "scalping with
                          taking leads" or my way of betting the games
                          with lots of outs while stopping and taking
                          a scalp when i see one. For me the 2nd approach is both more fun and profitable.

Comment

Ronbets, it can stay just the way it is. I've got no major complaints. Bad lines, lots of squares and bandwagoners...it's great.

Comment

Chillin' the most,

I have to bite here: please explain what he did with the Duke total.

Thanks,

loudog

Comment

Working...
                              X