"Trade Secret" Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Trade Secret" Revealed

I get asked often on this site about my handicapping strategies and other information which to me fall under the heading "trade secret" and I am never willing to divulge.

As I was going to commend one of favorite books anyway, I can reveal part of the reason why I've had some success this year.

I take advantage of "specials" and Rio has one of the best. They offer a free half point on Fridays on basketball. Now to the average bettor that may not seem like much, but for the professional this half point makes the difference between profit and loss over a season.

Whatever I have in my account on Fridays, I always spent down to the last penny taking advantage of these extra half points. Rio International is a great book and they already have lines that on some games are a little different than the other shops before the half point.

After the half point it makes it that much sweeter. Keep up the great work, Rio and keep these promotions coming. I'd use you without the promotion but with it you're just awesome.

RIO is one of my favorite outs as well.

I believe that Players Super Book also has the 10 game 1/2 point special.

Comment

Hey mls,

The thing I like about Rio besides their differences in lines is that tey let you do it whether you bet one game or ten games. There are a few places that give the half point, but they make you play multiple wagers at a time.

Rio will let me bet as little as one game at a time and get the free half each time. This is head and shoulders above places that offer the deal for ten games, as I can never find ten games I want to bet on at the same time of day, but can easily find ten game at ten different times of day because of line movements.

Also and it may sound silly, but their operators speak the clearest, loudest and are the easiest to have a bet taken from, and as a guy who may make 100 bets in a day, I want to be on and off the phone as soon as possible.

Comment

Boomer,
        I played at Rio for a short time but I don't think I ever made it to a Friday because I gave them all losers. Is their special you can move the line a 1/2 pt. and you have to play 10 games as well that Friday but you can play them sporadically throughout the day? And are they going to continue this through March as Fridays become a little more prominent this month? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks for the "trade secret".

Comment

RIO's deal is this:

Anytime during the week you can get an extra 1/2 point if you play 10 games on one call.

On Fridays you can get an extra 1/2 point on any number of games, even a single game (side and total).

As Brett noted Fridays are the lightest college basketball days - I do not know if RIO will be continuing the 1/2 Fridays into March Madness, although I would guess yes.

Comment

It is without a doubt the best promo going. My account is always dry also by the time all the games have gone. No reason to lose many games with this out. Utah/Char and Penn/Brown are examples of 2 games you could not lose last night.

Comment

Working...
            X