5. office pools: nuns at a convent in st. louis and kids at a high
    school in washington d.c.
    6. compulsive gambler
    7. super bowl sunday: see all the characters in the show as they watch
    the game on sunday
    8. closing comment: bob ley questions the nfl's offical anti-gambling
    policy

-
    Last edited by Don Best; 04-30-2002, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it will air again at 330am.......I'm guessing that's est and pac times.

Comment

ESPN's investigative news series Outside The Lines Presented by AT&T will examine the multi-billion dollar sports gambling industry by focusing on the Super Bowl in a one-hour special Betting Billions: Gambling & the Super Bowl Friday, Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. ET. The program, hosted by Bob Ley, will explore all the "action," beginning with the final gun of the Rams-Buccaneers NFC championship game when the "Opening Line" was posted.

This program will re-air Feb. 5 at 3:30 a.m. and February 8 at 1 p.m.

Comment

This is just a very "formal" show.

Obviously, this is still a very sensitive topic although it could be very interesting if they are willing to explore more.

On one hand, ESPN want to show us whats behind the mask but on the other hand they are so afraid of being acussed of promoting gambling.

Thats why we have a "poor pizza boy" story and the final thoughts of questioning the nfl's offical anti-gambling policy.

Hey, why didn't Bob Ley ask the policy of ESPN and other medias on this issue?

Why should ESPN mention the spread in sportscentre? Why would Chris Bermen and Goldberg's pick were against the spread?

Also, I found this very interesting.

On Superbowl Sunday, the sportsticker shown on ESPN2, after the score of Mich St win over Ill 91-66. They also showed,

Cleaves 12 assists, 13 pts.

They seldom show individual stats for college game and Cleaves was not even the top scorer in that game. Why him?

Because it was Superbowl Sunday? Because Vegas has props involved with Cleaves?

Like the show itself, there are some questions that they will never want to answer and talk about.

Now, would you please excuse me, I need to put some actions on the 2nd half of the Kings game.

Comment

Roberto - 3:30 a.m., is that Pacific or Eastern time?

Comment

All times are EST

Comment

I agree with Ray.

Show was very basic.

Also it was made for tv....

Note that everyone involved had to cooperate to make it look like it did.

I want to know what had LVSC come up with 8 1/2 to 9 on the superbowl. To think that Joe Lupo says I am making the game 7 1/2 and LVSC says ok..... and they toss 8 to everyone.....

Made for tv folks.....

Tis my take.....

Comment

Working...
                X