Suggestions to WSEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions to WSEX

Many people will agree with me that one of the main reasons that they are playing at WSEX is their interactives.

And I have some suggestions for Steve to think about.

a) Since football season is history and there are still several months to baseball, seems to me basketball and golf will be your main choices. I know that you have 90% of the interactives on hoops are college baseketball games. Well, I understand that there are a large group of bettors are with pretty young age and they are more "passioned" with college hoops than the pros. So, I agree with your arreangment on Monday night go with college hoops. But why not think about Tue and Fri TNT & TBS games? Also, why not think about the NBC on Sat & Sun?

Without the football, I am pretty sure that NBA on NBC will be the highest rated sports programs every week on TV.

Moreover, NBA games usually will be a little bit longer than college games and that means you may have a longer time to create higher volume.

b) I know you have Wimbledon and US open tennis on interactives last year. Why not this year? Why not at least the final between Hingis & Davenport? Or Agassi vs Kafel? I know Agassi vs Sampras was at late night but both finals had started about 10:00ET which is still pretty early.

Is the volume really that bad? Would you consider couple games this year on the French Open and Wimbledon?

c) Have you ever considered put 2 lines up on the interactives for the same game?

eg.

line 1 :
    Lakers -5.5 47/52
    Blazers +5.5 48/53

Line 2 (no spread) :
    Lakers 65/70
    Blazers 30/35

Like the game yeaterday, I seriously doubt you will have any actions for the last 5 minutes of the game since you have STL -7.5.

But if you will have line 2, I am sure it will rock.

Or at least, you should think about posting the no spread line for the games with spread under 4 pts in hoops, uaually/or in common sense, those games will be more exciting when it comes to the end, without that spread, you may create more volume.

Just some opinions, hope you will think about it.

I'm not going to try and answer for Steve but it seems to me that trying to run concurrent interactives would be really confusing for bettors and for WSEX.

Comment

I totally agree with Ray.
      I don't remeber seeing WSEX offer interactive NBA on weekend games. I really don't understand the reason behind it. Consider this: Most people aren't workin during weekend. That is one of the reason why football is more popular compare to other sports today. So I would tink that weekend games will generate more volume than weekdays games.
      As far as 2 interactives. I would prefer to see total being offer instead of money lines.
      If one person can't handle 2 interatives at the same time, if I were the owner I woud be more than happy to hire another peson to do this. Because more options for us mean more volume for the WSEX that translate more money.

Comment

Ray,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will start doing more NBA games now that football is
        over. I will also do more tennis matches
        this year. Thanks for all your interest in
        our interactives. Check out ESPN Friday night.
        They are airing a story which includes our
        interactive wagering on the Super Bowl.

Sincerely,
        Steve
        WSEX

Comment

Can someone tape it for me. We don't get ESPN up here ufortunately.

Comment

Working...
          X