• Show
Clear All

• Boo to the gutless...

but otherwise talented
    handicapper(s) who have sold out
    and started giving their line to
    the bookmakers.

It is obvious that the early
    line is much better in several areas this year than in years previous.

Personally I find it revolting that
    a handicapper would betray his
    craft and fellow gamblers. To all
    the other Benedict Arnolds out there:
    if you can't hack it as a player just
    go sell insurance or something but
    have some decency and don't **** up
    the remaining gamblers' lives.

Cashusking, could you please elaborate and be more specific. There is now great movement on the overnight line, as sharp handicappers iron out the weak opening lines that CRIS puts up. CRIS, as I've earlier stated, is clueless when it comes to making lines. In fact, they don't even know how to move their baseball totals when someone bets them. I have yet to encounter even one truly sharp,independent offshore BM.

Comment

Reno,

That is because anyone who is sharp at all will not waste their time sitting in an office 10 hours a day. Then they have to pay players and collect from players. Most sharp people can make money with less problems. Like you. The last five years I have spent working in offices have been the worst five years of my life. You just waste too much time and can't really enjoy anything esle. It's a big commitment........

Comment

Polar, good to have you back. Have a happy, safe, and PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR...

Comment

Polar, keep us posted on Vegas. And while you're there, please do something to reduce the smog and traffic congestion.

Comment

Hi Reno, thanks for your interest.

I'm not a psycho anti BM guy or anything.
            Actually I like to see the books WIN.
            It troubles me when they get destroyed by
            moves and things because it means limits
            get cut down and generally become more
            conservative.

So first of all I want to say GOOD LUCK to all the upstanding offshores who have the
            nerve and and energy to go for it.

Also there are plenty of sharp guys running offices out there and even though i can win as a gambler it doesn't mean i could do a better job as a bookmaker. The guys at the front desk at CRIS, SKY, OLYMPIC and a number of others have my greatest respect.

But there is a new set of people making
            significant contributions to the linemaking
            process BEFORE the numbers hit the board and that doesn't help guys like you. Don't want to go into more detail, suffice to say they are sharper than the box of rocks in Las
            Vegas.

Comment

Cashusking, I always said that if the offshore books were smart and together, they'd hire someone super sharp to opinionate their very crude opening lines. From what you're saying, they may, in fact, be doing this now.

Comment

Working...
              X