Pete Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Rose

If any of you think Pete Rose belongs in the Hall of Fame, you can vote on this site.

http://www.sportcut.com/

If you don't think he belongs there, don't vote. :-)

Betmaker
    I was actually thinking about starting the same topic today . How funny . After I saw the site. I like you agree
    PETE ROSE SHOULD HAVE BEEN INDUCTED INTO THE HALL OF FAME - WHILE ACTIVE HE WAS SO GOOD
    Steve

Comment

Every person makes mistakes in their life, Baseball players break the drug policy and are allowed a second chance. As far as I am concerned the Baseball Hall of Fame is a SHAM without Pete Rose being a part of it. What he did on the field was an inspiration for all youngsters who watched him play. Nobody played the game harder than "Charlie Hustle" did. Bums who couldn't even shine Pete Rose's shoes are in the hall of fame. And just foe the record, from what I remember they only had evidence he bet on the Reds to win. It would be a different story if he bet against his team and tried to throw games. So he had a gambling problem. Is it much different from players whi have a drug problem? Players who have a drinking problem? As far as I am concerned, as long as Pete Rose is not in the Hall of Fame, the Hall of fame is just a Hall of Shame.

Comment

Hey I love to spout off about something I don't know much about! So here goes...

Pete Rose - according to my sources from the Midwest and I'll take their word - is a lowlife and creep who doesn't belong anywhere but 6 feet under because he refused to pay his gambling debts. His attitude was "I'm Pete Rose, I don't have to pay". **** Pete Rose.

But anyone who continues to follow baseball after - in the ultimate show of scorn to the fan - they cancelled their own championship one year has no self respect anyway.

Comment

Pete Rose should be in the Sportsbetting Hall of Fame. Anybody who manages in the Big
          Leagues and still can't pick winners deserves recognition!

Comment

Pete Rose got caught betting because he is a jerk who stiffed bookies. It was a stiffed BM who finked on him. Pete Rose's punishment should have been that he was forced to post up with BMs for all his net worth, and then bet, say, 5% of his bankroll on each play. Before one baseball season was over, the BMs would rightfully have all of Pete's money. Plain and simple, Pete, like Art ****head, is a criminal who stole money from BMs. He deserves to be in a cell. The question isn't whether he should be in the Hall of Fame, it is how much time he deserve to do.

Comment

Cashusking
              You may be right. Pete Rose may be a jerk. A stiff, and many more bad things. Does that take away from the fact he got over 4,000 hits while playing. I say that record would be high up if not number one on a list of records in baseball never to be broken
              Steve

Comment

Pete Rose's 4,000+ hits is not even close to the toughest baseball record to beat. All of the following are tougher:

1) Most hot dogs eaten during a game by a player Babe Ruth, 26)

2) Most sportwriters punched or dumped water on by a player Dave Kingaman, 4)

3) Least interviews granted to media by a player: (Tie between Steve Carlton and George Hendrick, 0)

4) Most times suspended for cocaine possession: (Steve Howe, 7)

5) Most no-hitters pitched while on LSD: Doc Ellis, 1)

6) Lowest baseball betting win percentage of a Major League manager: (28%, Pete Rose)

Comment

Reno that was laugh out loud funny.

Never thought i could happen but you got me interested in baseball again after 2 1/2 years.

Comment

I think his problems did start when he refused to pay his bookies. They were raising favorite on him because thats all he bet. When he found out he stiffed them. Then they stiffed him!!!!!!!!!!

4000 little dinky hits is amazing. He ran like a crazy man. Was he on something? Did they ever drug test him? Will we ever know. He thinks he is a king. He refuses to admit he gambled on baseball.

He did deserve to be in the hall at one time. You have to be responsible for your actions. If Pete was nice to everyone all the time, I'm sure more people would help him get in the hall.

But he's a STIFF.............

Comment

I could give a rat's a*s what Pete Rose did in his personal life! The Hall of Fame should be a place to remember great baseball players period! Pete Rose belongs in the Hall. The moral high ground that the baseball Lords has taken is horses**t. Some of these thieves that over the years have controled players lives and gotten super rich off of the players are in no position to make moral judgements on other people!

Comment

just goes to show, Pete should have played cricket

would certainly not have been banned, and the Pakistani bookies would have loved him

Comment

Working...
                        X