NFL Season Wins O/U question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Season Wins O/U question

When you win the OVER on season wins on an NFL team, do they still wait to pay until the end of the reg season?

They should.

Think about this, if the season ended 2 weeks later because of dispute between the players and NFL (which could be happened).

All those season win toatla bets WOULD NOT BE COUNTED.

Let me know if any book will credit you before the season ended, they will be really stupid.

Comment

Thanks, Ray. I understand. Now, where can I find a prop to hedge on Will there be a season ending dispute betwn NFL/Players YES!

Comment

Sorry, no pepper, didn't notice this thread before I posted something similar, but I am assuming you won on St Louis over, since that's the only such bet that has been decided so far (and because you are a Rams fan). WSEX just paid off this bet for me. I was surprised, for the reasons that ray mentions -- thought I had read that all 16 games had to have been played to have action.

On the other hand, if the season ended tomorrow, don't see why that should change the Rams result -- they're not going under no matter how many more games they play.

Congrats on an easy winner.

Comment

Count Zero - I totally agreed. I don't see any reason why they will hold your money and wait till the season ends. Simple as this:

If you wagered on OVER, and it was already OVER, and the game was OVER, then it is all OVER.

See how simple it is.

Comment

Yeah, I took the Rams when it moved down from 6.5 to 5.5 when whats-his-name...oh yeah, Trent Green went out for season. Enjoyed your thread back then on season over/unders, CZ.

My play is listed as "current" at easybets. I guess the policy varies. Maybe y2k will crash the world and they can still win.

Comment

Glad to see they paid you earlier.

But actually they are doing the dump thing here.

Yes, it won't change the "fact" that the Rams had won more than 5.5 games if the season will be ended tomorrow.

But a rule is a rule. The rule says THE TEAM MUST PLAY ALL 16 GAMES.

Who knows what will be happened between now and Jan?

Its kind of like they paid you the bet on the over 9 runs in a baseball game of 5-5 tie in the bottom of 4th innings, isn't it stupid?

Comment

ray -- as long as they have a clear and consistent policy on how to pay (or collect from) both sides, aren't they protected? If they state that they will settle these wagers at the time one side becomes the undisputed winner, then nobody could have a valid complaint against them in the case of a strike or similar event.

Comment

Obviously, what WSEX has done in this case is for the best interest of us.

But if I had bet the St Louis under and there will be a strike/any accident later (although the chance is very slim), I'm dare to say I have every reason to claim my bet back.

I don't think there will be any books dare to say that we will pay you in the middle of a game.

I don't know whether WSEX had stated in their website when offering the season total bets that TEAM MUST PLAY ALL 16 GAMES.

Even they didn't, they still need to pay the bettors who bet on the Rams under IF something happened.

This is a common pratice in Vegas, I believe. I have the rights to claim my bet back if the "game" has not go the full distance in this case.

I made a post earlier, if you have bet on KC or Det season win totals (baseball) and your books graded it as a loss, you have the rights to claim your bet back. Because they cancelled the last game of the season.

Honestly, it did make the customers feel better and like you said, they may want you to bet those money again with them.

But this is not a very wise move IMO.

This is a win-win situation for the bettors.

Comment

One more thing,

policy could be vary from people to people because policy is flexible.

BUT,

a rule is a rule, it has been written in the book.

Thats why they need to state clearly in the website about all the rules.

Comment

I think the rule is to prevent someone from cashing an under wins bet on a shortened season. Doesn't hurt the book to have the float either.

The rule should read:

In the event a team is mathematically certain or eliminated from winning the target number of games, a play has action. In the event a team is not mathematically certain or eliminated from winning the target number, a team must play x number of games for action.

Comment

Hamhog,

I wonder you have seen that rule in any book out there.

This is the rule that I have found in WSEX, not for the football season win total, BUT,

BASKETBALL TOTAL WINS (professional)
                        Teams Must Play Minimum of 80 Regular Season Games For Action
                        Wagers do Not Include Post-Season Play
                        All Bets are Action Regardless of Team Moves or Name Changes

Isn't it so clear?

Should I have reasons to believe that same rule should be applied on football?

Look, the rule is NOT to prevent someone from cashing an under wins bet on a shortened season.

The rule is to protect both sides on UNCERTAINTY.

Aren't there some people came here to complain that their over bet on the Stl/Chi game the last day of the season got cancelled although the game was overed already but had been called due to rain?

Comment

Working...
                        X