Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smaller World Thru Internet Makes More Choices For Bettors

***SMALLER WORLD THRU INTERNET MAKES MORE CHOICES FOR BETTORS ***

The globe is definitely shrinking with the growth of the Web. Never before have people had access to so much so easilySports betting is a prime example of this change. From just about any place on this earth now you can type a few keystrokes to wager on anything from Australian rules football to the next race at Santa Anita, which ever you prefer. The opportunity for choice in betting is limitless. Bookmakers have had to take steps to keep up with the times in order to expand their menus. Those who don't are in danger of falling thru the cracks. This growth in
    product offered has led to opportunities arising for bookies and bettors alike. Sports betting has arrived in the 21st century, make no mistake.

The world of horse racing is split into various diverse regions. In recent years, those worlds come together briefly for contests at Breeders' Cup and in Dubai. Horses shipping thousands of miles across the world now plunder prizes in places such as Melbourne and Hong Kong. Twenty years ago this was unheard of. Bookmakers now pay attention to all the major racing events.
    Bettors should do the same if they want to make Breeders' Cup Day make more sense.

This coming weekend the major 3 year old prize of the U.S. racing season goes to post at Churchill Downs. Earlier the same day at Newmarket in England, the 2,000 Guineas for 3 year old colts is up for grabs. Either or both of the winners of these races could be Classic material on Breeders' Day. Both races deserve close scrutiny. They are both loaded with talent.

This year's Kentucky Derby is even more wide open than usual. I have had my eye on two horses for a long time. Both Tapit and Birdstone go to post with less than ideal preparations. However, they have talented connections to overcome these problems. Tapit is my top choice. I have the utmost admiration for trainer Michael Dickinson and the talent of this colt can bring them the Roses. Expect Birdstone to improve off his dismal showing at
    Turfway, though. At Newmarket, One Cool Cat from Aidan O'Brien's star studded stable will be the favorite. On a visit to Ireland last summer, I was lucky enough to see him win impressively at the Curragh. One of his main rivals, Dermot Weld's Grey Swallow also won a lesser race at Galway with ease during my stay. Both are very talented. Salford City and Haafhd are dangers to the Irish pair, but One Cool Cat is the pick baesd on his brilliance of last year and his talented trainer.

U.S. sports fans have the NBA playoffs in full swing right now. Baseball is warming up along with the weather, and the NHL is reaching a climax towards the Stanley Cup. In the week's ahead, I will give opinions on events happening all over the world. Soccer has many competitions reaching their final stages. The Champions League and Euro 2004 are the biggest of these, though opportunities to wager occur almost daily. My 20 plus years of bookmaking experience can aid bettors and bookies alike when analyzing these events. Selections and betting lines will be available on the sports less publicized in U.S. betting circles namely soccer. golf, and tennis. These sports are where most good betting opportunities arise these days. Line making on major U.S. sports has become such a science that true betting value is hard to come by.

My aim is to provide useful information to bettors and bookmakers on the sports where betting value has not yet disappeared. Stay tuned, and let's make some money in the month's ahead!

Good information ,thank you.My derby thought is mike is a great trainer and awesome when his horses come off layoffs,but please do not leave THE CLIFFS EDGE &ST.AVERIL OUT OF YOUR EXACTA AND TRIFECTA PLAYS.

Comment

Working...
    X